On the Road Again...

My trip itenerary:
5/13 Heading out on the road, going as far as we can today, heading towards Nacogdoches, Texas. There we will be getting some upgrades on the RV which will take a few days....we then head on to Hangout Music Festival in the Gulf Shores of Alabama!
5/20-22 Hangout,Gulf Shores-AL
5/23-6/1 Travelling and camping in the Ozarks-Arkansas
6/2-5 Wakarusa Music Festival, Ozarks-AR
6/6-6/8 Travelling towards TN
6/9-12 Bonaroo Music Festival, Manchester-TN
6/13-6/23 Travelling towards Atlantic City, NJ
6/24-26 Dave Matthews Show in Atlantic City, NJ
6/27-31 Travelling towards Upstate NY
7/1-3 Phish Concert in Watkins Glen, NY
7/4-7/13 Travelling towards West Virginia
7/14-17 All Good Music Festival, Masontown, West Virginia
7/18-24 Heading back towards Kanab, UTAH for family friends Wedding, then Back to Oceanside!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gulf Shores ALABAAAAMMAAA!

We drove into the night last night through Texas, Mississippi, and ended up in Gulf Shores, Alabama. We drove through what we think was some flooding, and there was a lot of dead animals on the side of the road but it was a pretty quick, painless ride. I woke up today and was greeted with "happy birthday alicia, can we open your gifts now????"
We went for a morning swim at the pool, then came over to the Hangout site and had some lunch, went shopping, and I just woke up from a nap. Rough life, I know.
When we got back after lunch the girls were so excited to give me their gifts. I got a Hello Kitty singing card from Zelda and a Princess card from Lola. They both wrote in them and decorated them. I just might have to save them forever. Their gifts were AWESOME. I had been saying that I should get a cheapie kids fishing pole so when we have time we can stop and fish so they got me a Barbie travel pole that is bright pink, and perfect for me. I also got some of the vanilla iced coffee that I love for the Keurig, a weighted jumprope for working out at the festivals, and a bright purple mag light. I was so shocked and happy I could have cried. I was a little worried about being on the road for my birthday and not really feeling the birthday spirit but they made it very special.
The beaches on the Gulf Shores are more beautiful and pristine than I had imagined them to be. The sand is bright white and fine, and the ocean is so blue against it. We are going to put our suits on and go see what the Gulf ocean is like.
Today has been a really special day. :)
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy they made your day so specia! You deserve it!
    Happy Happy day to you Alicia, we miss you!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete